A Withered Flower
I gnash my teeth my teeth at the thought of you.
You ruin my happiest thoughts when I think of myself,
under your long reign.
Aye, if you were a person I’d drive you to the ground.
Down, down, down you would go,
to the very core of the earth.
I would take you exactly there,
Where’d you melt and die, never to been seen again.
I grow fat and lazy
While I wait for you to leave.
Leave me, and do not come back.
You confine me every year
You limit my blooming abilities.
I am a dangerous force,
But you smother me under your weather.
I long to be outside
Frolicking and playing with passion,
but if I venture out,
I come back in with a cough in my chest and a stuffy noise for a week.
I am a flower,
Withered under the long reign of winter.
but once I bloom,
I boom.
Reflection
I found writing this poem at first easy, then hard, then quite easy again. At first I was going to write about how I hated doing homework and then finding out it was not graded. After debating in my head between doing that or winter, I chose winter. I chose winter over homework that wasn't graded because I realized that I had only experienced doing homework that wasn't graded a few times where as winter was everyday. One of the main reasons of why I dislike winter is because I like to play sports, but of the times I have gone outside I have usually gotten sick within a few days. Therefore through not being able to freely play sports and also the want of hotness (summer) in my life has the reason being of why I wrote a hate poem.
This assignment was not to hard, I found it not as boring than my other homework because I was writing poetry of a subject of my interest. Therefore I found the assignment mostly enjoyable. Presenting the poem wasn't unenjoyable either. I am not usually afraid to present things in front of people therefore I found the writing of this assignment and the presentation enjoyable and interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment